Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Fibre Arts Design Studio celebrates Ojai Day...

I was inspired to make a felt sign for the back of the booth. The girls at the Studio came up with the hanging ribbons attached to felted beads.

The Ojai folks set up the booth starting at 6am.
Many new students signed up for classes and the marbled paper book marks were a big hit. Brand new Fibre Arts Design Studio tee shirts were available for sale and to embellish at the booth. Wo's son did the design work and they came out great. I had to work at our Hardware store for most of the day, so I didn't get to Ojai until 3pm but the cozy little town was still lively with music playing, arts and crafts for sale, a very delectable food section, Chumash crafts, dancing in the street and a huge mandala colorfully drawn by adults and children on the main intersection of town. My father lived in Ojai for many years and it still feels a bit like home to me, so it's always a fun place for me to visit. After cruising through the many fine craft booths I found my way to the food street...I was starving after work and decided to give the home made tamales a try. I choose the goat cheese, sun dried tomato, and basil tamale with mild salsa....I have to say it was the best tamale I have ever had! What a fun day....and we got a lot of interest in the Fibre Arts Studio.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I think I am going to have to move to Ojai! A small town with lots of cool arts! The Fibre Arts Design Sudio sounds wonderful! Eat, breathe and make art... with friends and loved ones! Doesnt get much better than that!

Debbie L

Syd said...

Great banner Mary! I love it.