Monday, February 12, 2007

Hearts in my House....

Bottle cap heart mirror...

This is a hand painted
wooden house blessing
that I made for our
family years ago. I hang it over the fireplace.

Thomas Mann makes wonderful jewelry and sculptures and does very cool things with hearts.
Mostly fabric hearts...
In honor of Valentine's Day I thought I would photograph some of the hearts that find themselves around my house. Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE hearts. Maybe because my birthday is in February or maybe because I loved making valentines when I was growing up or maybe because my mother collected antique valentines...who knows? But they seem to find themselves in my art quite often....could be because I LOVE to make stuff....and I try to put THAT into what ever I am working on...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Hearts are such an appealing motif for me. Happy Valentines!

Anonymous said...

great idea, and beautiful collection. another Valentine, I'm going to do the same.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

inquiring minds would like to know your birthday..

xo

Anonymous said...

Me too! I love hearts... and your collection is wonderful! How cool was your mom to collect antique hearts!

Debbie L