Monday, June 11, 2007

Hedgehog Dreams....




Here is a little 8"x8" hooked hedgehog piece that I made recently. I will show the before and after photos....I felt like the first one didn't show up the hedgehog enough...so I "ripped" out the hooking and made another hedgie...this time I added lots of "quills" by hooking in black yarn and strands of burlap to give it a " 3 D "affect. The hedgehog is in the forest thinking of mushrooms and acorns and looking for a friend. He is only part way into the picture...don't know why I didn't draw a "whole" hedgehog...it's just the way it turned out.

1 comment:

Magpie Sue said...

I think the time spent re-working the hedgehog was well worth it. Love the texture you added! I also think the composition is more interesting because the whole 'hog isn't visible. He's awfully cute. :- )