Monday, July 02, 2007

Another squirrel and felty beads...







Our internet service was down for a few days and that wasn't fun...but I managed to get some fiber projects under way amidst boys being home all day, driving lessons for Jason, who now has his Learner's Permit, nice homemade lemonade and other summertime treats.



Squirrel is hooked and Mr. Owl is started and will get more done tonight. I am a night owl myself...I work and watch silly TV or listen to music until 1 am and sometimes 2 am. At least now I can sleep in and get my 7 hours ....



Had so much fun playing with the felt and making beads, flowers and weird little scrumbles to use on fiber pieces or jewelry. I made a special concoction of white glue and warm water to hold the felt together as I rolled up the beads. I dipped yarn into the glue mixture and wrapped it around the beads for more color and to help hold it all together. I also like making the smaller felt beads.....I think they will look nice mixed in with glass beads, pearls, or turquoise. It's been quite warm here and I made a special little place to work outside on our deck. I am surrounded by honeysuckle and jasmine vines and our small garden of tomatoes, corn, peppers, 1 eggplant and basil plants. It's hard to grow all the things that we'd like to at 3000 feet altitude...some things do well and some just aren't happy. We do grow great apples though... and there are some wonderful blackberry bushes that we will get into later this summer.

1 comment:

Judy Wise said...

Mmmmm, blackberries, one of the joys of late summer. You can't go wrong with apples and blackberries. Love the felty beads and squirrel; your projects always make me want to play.