Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Painted birds, cats and pigs....

I had so much fun painting these birds yesterday! They are stuffed vintage linen, painted with acrylic paint...I think I may put these on our tree!
I just had to make some cats for Just folk! I had fun painting these too. The only "not fun" part was turning those little arms inside out!..And sewing the painted linen to the body...hard to get the needle through all the layers of fabric once its been painted....maybe next time I'll sew them on first...and paint later....always learning something!
And here are the piggies with their spots...kept them pretty simple.
One more mushroom! Tomorrow I deliver a months worth of work, probably over 100 pieces...still 2 larger birds to do today and maybe a fabric house that I'm working on....then on to other things!

5 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

these are all so cute. How fun to bring a months worth of work! Wow, I can imagine their surprise when they open the box!

so cute,,,,,, I bet you'll be taking a big break now,,,,,,,right?

Eva said...

These cats are great! But their arms seem to be a challenge. How about creating them out of rolled cloth and closing the seam from outside? It looks like hard work to do it this way. Still they all look so jolly and funny, a real pleasure!

Martha Bright said...

I've had problems with arms too... swearing helps, I find. Wonderful work! I'm going to paint some animals. You've inspired me.

Anonymous said...

These are just scrumptious! The birds remind me of the felt sequined ornaments my mom made in the 1960's crossed with Marc Chagall. I've added a permanent link back to here on my heArt-a-Day blog.

jude said...

i am in love with the pigs