Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

I'm a little late, but wishing everyone a creative and wonderful New Year. We've been gone on an after Christmas vacation up to the beautiful Napa Valley where we stay in Calistoga and soak in the hot springs, take hikes and sample the great food at our favorite restaurants. Justin had his 15th birthday while we were there and he directed the days events. Lunch at Taylor's Refresher in St. Helena a bit of shopping and a stop at a Tuscan Castle on the way home. We just got home last night and I've been doing laundry, cleaning house, reading mail, getting groceries. Can't wait to get back into some "stitching and hooking" when things get back to normal.
This new magazine was in my mailbox on Christmas eve and I have 5 pieces included inside! I consider it my gift from the Universe! It's a really fun issue with lots of fun fiber creations. My art pal, Tara Ross has 3 wonderful dolls in it too! They are already planning the next issue, so send something in if you like to make softies or one of a kind dolls.
Here is Miss Birdie in the "Stuffed" mag.
This cool mushroom was just outside my aunt and uncle's front door in San Mateo! Just like the ones I seem to collect! It was great to get in a quick visit with my favorite relatives on the way up and back.
On New Year's Day we had breakfast in St. Helena before heading home. I loved the windows in the front of the Vintage Home store.


It looks like Tuscany, but it's a stone castle in the Napa Valley! We had fun exploring the castle and grounds of this incredible place. There was a sign that this location was used for the movie "Bedtime Stories" that just came out....now I may have to go see it.

It was cold up in No. Calif and I ended up wearing my hat most of the time. We took a hike up to the spot where Robert Louis Stevenson spent his honeymoon and wrote one of his first books. We've been going up to this area for over 20 years and always seem to find new places and things to do....I guess that's why we keep coming back....that and the hot springs...I am missing them already! But, It's good to be home, too! And I missed all my blogging friends!

2 comments:

Syd said...

Miss Birdie looks fantastic!! I can hardly wait to see the issue...Congrat!

Tara's Art Camp said...

I see you have Stieff too. Me too. I have quite a few pieces that are in boxes now. No room to display. I loved the issued of "Stuffed, so many creative ideas and really loved your birdy!

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful photos.

Happy new year!