Monday, September 14, 2009

Finishing up and starting again...

I finally got the legs and shoes sewn onto these two hooked birds.....and...
the pumpkins got sewn up and stuffed. So I started a new project for my night time rug hooking...
a little squirrel! I may hook an acorn in his paws or thought about adding one of my velvet acorns with the real acorn caps.....we'll have to see what looks best.
I am adding some of my soft felted sweater wool in this piece, to give it a fuzzy grey squirrel look.
Right now the squirrels in our neighborhood are busy collecting pine nuts and acorns for the winter and it's fun to watch them jumping from tree to tree and making their funny squirrel noises.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those birds are too stinkin' cute!

marie said...

You make the most charming things!
LOVE it!

Beth Anderson said...

your birds are always a favorite with me!.
Cute pumpkins too!

jude said...

i love autumn on your blog. the pumpkins are back!

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love the color in your birds, and the stripped legs. Love the wool you've chosen for the squirrel.
It will have a nice texture.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I never knew you could hook such cool stuff; very cute!