Saturday, October 03, 2009

Houses, squirrels, hearts, and more...

Here's the little house pin cushion that I'm working on. I think it can use some more embellishing. The funny denim fringe is something I found at Art From Scrap and felt like using.
Just finished up another mushroom...may make these into ornaments for upcoming shows.
Side view of little house...I used some of my rug hooking wool- which I have plenty of!
Here are the two rug hooked squirrels that I finished up recently. All made from recycled wool.
Newest set of hooked heart pins. These are quick to hook and fun to make. I used some wool yarn for some of the "dots".
Making some felt and fabric pins for upcoming Holiday shows...
Flowers for pins or to decorate the shrines I'm still working on...
This is a funny doll that I made using recycled Kilim fabric that I recyled from a handbag I found at the thrift store...so twice recycled! I actually found two bags and took them apart. Enough kilim fabric to make 3 dolls.
Henry sleeping on two of my rugs....totally relaxed!

9 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

Love what you've been up to...very busy indeed! Be sure to rub that kitty's belly for me!

Marie said...

I adore the little felt pins, especially the little owls. Too cute!
I would love to try "hooking" the little heart pins. Adorable as always. : )

Christine said...

Great to see how the squirrels turned out! Adorable pins and I love the idea of a "twice" recycled doll. Awesome stuff!

charlotte said...

everything is just beautiful, Mary....especially love that house pin cushion =]
hosting a giveaway on my blog...come see! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love the doll and Henry :) x

Tammy Gilley said...

Loving the heart pins, Mary! And those squirrels...DARLING! xoxo

dulcy said...

All very creative and wonderful!

dulcy

Ro Bruhn said...

What gorgeous creations you have made. The pins are beautiful

Suzanne said...

I was just introduced to your art in Art & Life. I really love the bright clolors that you use. Your little hearts are adorable. Will you be putting some of those in your Etsy shop?

Suzanne
http://BlueSandStudio.blogspot.com