Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book report


These two books just arrived and I am having fun looking at all the wonderful fiberart from all over the world. In the "1000 Artisan Textiles" book it's fun to recognize some of the artists like Elizabeth Armstrong from Australia, and fellow Artfest teachers, Judy Wise, Tracie Lyn and Marilyn Huskamp, Sas Colby, and bloggers who work I admire as well. I think my favorite section is the felting...makes me want to get my hands wet and get rolling!
I barely got to peek at the first book but it looks like it has lots of interesting fiber art techniques to explore.

And for my evening reading I went and purchased this book from one of my favorite authors, Alexander McCall Smith. This is the latest in his series, the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency.


I got a little more stitching done on this piece. Still figuring out how to finish the edges on it.
Sent in two workshop proposals to ARtfest yesterday, will have to wait and see what happens.

9 comments:

Hazel Terry said...

Lovely work, love all the books too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary, a treasure trove in books. I am almost finished the Alexander McCall Smith book too. I love the Ladies No 1 Detective Agency!!!Those fibre books...hmm gorgeous!

Jacky said...

I LOVE your patchwork pieces...gorgeous stitching and fabrics!
Must look out for those books, especially the one with Elizabeths work in.
I've just finished the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency...you'll have to let me know what you think of this latest one. Isnt it great when one of your favourite authors puts out a new book. You just cant wait to curl up and get lost in it.

Jacky xox

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Mary,

I just reserved that book at the library yesterday. I am number 106 in line!
Good luck with your proposals.

dulcy said...

I also ordered 1000 Artisan Textiles. Love it, and my fav is also the felted pieces. At the same time I ordered Home Sweet Home which shows how the home and house has been portrayed by folk artists for the past couple of hundred years. Lots of fabric and hooked pieces... very lovely designs!

Marie said...

I love that show No 1 Detective Agency although, I have not seen it in a while. Will have to look for the books. Love the stitching.
Books are like little treasures to me :) Fun!

Sue Pinner said...

Looks like a book order to do thanks for sharing info x

carmen said...

Que Precioso trabajo!Me encanta!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

AW!!! THANK YOU MARY.. for the lovely compliment on the 1000 Artisan Textiles... BIG HUGS!