Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun weekend

I finally finished hooking my Flowerbox rug! I worked on the border while watching TV in the evening and now for the backing. It feels good to get this rug completed, I've been working on it for years!

This little bird got hooked up during the week, too. Now needs to get finished up as well.

In the meantime, my oldest son, Jason, graduated from SBCC with honors and heads off to
UC Berkeley with his 2 best friends. We celebrated with a Barbeque at his friends home.
While shopping at the Farmers Market for things to bring I ran into Nina Bagley, my first teacher at Artfest and maker of wonderful jewelry and other things. We got to chat for a few moments- a fun surprise on a beautiful Saturday morning before heading off to Crushcakes for treats for the graduates and Whole Foods for a chocolate raspberry mousse cake for dessert.

9 comments:

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

The rug looks great, and congratulations to your son!

Debra Lloyd said...

Oh, it always feels so great to get something finished!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

What a Fabulous rug!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new rug! Syd

Dot said...

I love your rug and your new bird too! Big congratulations to your son for his graduation. I can understand you being so proud.
I am about to start reading my first book by the author you recommended to me. Looking forward to it!
Love from Australia
Dot xx

Angela said...

Congratulations on Jason's graduation!

I love the rug, the dark background makes everything pop with so much movement and vitality.

Anonymous said...

OMG! i love the bird! it's perfect..
and your rug in the first photo! a stunning work of art!

ciao bella!
creative carmelina

Tammy Gilley said...

Lovin' the flower box rug, Mary! xo

Judy Wise said...

I'm in love with the flowerbox rug. Great design. xo