Saturday, October 09, 2010

Art From Scrap Workshop

I just had to show you the wonderful creations from our workshop today!
A young preschooler named David made this owl and it just makes me smile....

Is this the perfect tee shirt to wear to a "Skeleton" workshop? I love the mask he made....

Here's David with his mask and skeleton hands....

A sweet little girl named Ruby made this wild skeleton lady...

We had adults in our class too! One of my friends who is a preschool teacher made this owl mask for one of her "kids".
All of the materials in the workshop are donated and are recycled goods. Lots of odd things to work with.

Another fun skeleton mask....which later got wire earrings shaped like pumpkins.


A wonderful little owl collage...made from a calendar.

Same artist made this pumpkin face...

I'm always amazed at the fun things that come out of a workshop. I just put up some sample ideas and then all these cool things showed up. We had young children and adults as well and everyone went home with some fun things to decorate for Halloween.
Of course after I got home I needed a nap!

6 comments:

Yael said...

MARY! WOW! Such lovely stuff came out of the workshop! I love this owl from the calender pages! And everything else - so much creativity!
And of course you needed a nap after it!!! :-)

dulcy said...

Lots of creativity and energy going on in that workshop! Also, Ms. Skeleton has a lovely wardrobe in you post below, and your skeleton mask is awesome!
dulcy

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Recycling for Art!!
Wonderful!

grace said...

What a fun way to spend the day!! Love your Halloween Garland too

Marie said...

Children always amaze me. I love seeing things through their eyes.
The calendar owl is so much fun and all the other whimsical creations.
<3

Kristin L said...

Awesome work!!