Monday, October 04, 2010

Stitching again...

I am trying to catch up on my lessons in the online class with Jude and got some stitching done last night on this woven piece. Still a work in progress but I am enjoying all the possibilities with adding on and stitching with different color threads.
And I am teaching a workshop this next Saturday at Art From Scrap on "Skeletons" with movable arms and legs and maybe hats and skirts and need to make my samples. I am thinking of doing 3 sizes for wall hangings and then one tiny one to wear on a necklace. We will see!

7 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Is the heart laying on top,,,, are the edges rolled under, or just stitched. Wonderful piece, and colors!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Did I mention I get your notifications when you comment on my blog? I think they changed something. Yay!

Marie said...

Mary...love the woven heart..so you!
<3
If I was near I would want to attend your skeleton workshop..how much fun!

Syd said...

I love this!

Dot said...

Ooh...I love your woven heart! And your skeleton workshop sounds like a lot of fun.
Dot xx

susan said...

Congrats on being published! Love seeing the beautiful woven and embroidered cloth. So inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Susan

Tammy Gilley said...

Oh, I love this, Mary! It's really beautiful. xo