Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A new rabbit for Fall


My newest rabbit. Just finished hooking him last night and sewed him up today.


I decided to hook up a pumpkin with no face this time. 




On my weekly visit to the local thrift store I found this embroidered tee shirt for under two dollars!
Hope to use it in some recycled clothing projects I am working on. Too small for me to wear, but I loved the stitching. Made in China to look like Mexican embroidery I think.






And while I was taking a photo of the rabbit this little guy was chattering away on the phone cables across the road. I think he was taking  a little siesta as he just lay up there for quite a while. This is where I get my inspiration for the hooked squirrels I make...and I think I might start a new one tonight!

4 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Your hooked rabbit and pumpkin is great. Lovely work. Hugs Judy

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Love the rabbit!

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Marie said...

The colors for the pumpkin are fabulous.
A nice twist on colors instead of solid orange. (although (I love that orange pumpkin color)
Fall colors are so warm and inviting...
The rabbit is a keeper...adorable!
<3