Wednesday, October 05, 2011

A few new things...


Henry, my assistant photographer.....


New squirrel with acorn....



Kitty with sweater...


Wooly bugs...


My first attempt at punch needle....took me awhile to get the hang of it...still need to do more.
I used two different perle cotton 8 Valdani varigated threads that I had on hand. Sort of an experiment. I think I need to use more contrasting colors as the center heart doesn't show up very well. I am hoping to make some fun little designs for pins. The book below has some good instructions and photos to get you started.





Just had to show you our eggplant! I put the eyes on for his photo and sent a copy to our son in college!


Newest rabbit that I finished hooking last night. When I finished and took it outside to photograph I noticed that I had hooked the eye, nose and mouth in dark navy blue and had to take out the strips and re-hook.
That's what happens when you hook late at night!


8 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Wow, you've really been cranking out some super cute stuff! Love those wooly bugs!

She Who Doodles said...

very nice, i really like the bunny.

Debra Lloyd said...

It is so helpful to have an assistant! I have been playing around with punch needle also and finding there is a learning curve. I love your little kitty with her fall sweater.

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks so much for your comments! Makes my day!

grace said...

Your punch needle looks great! I love the floss. And I not a pet person, but I like both of the cats!

Lesley Ann Staples said...

love the rabbit and squirrel. punch needle is something i'd like to try. great job.

Pixie said...

OH i love this post, lots of yummy crafty goings on....brilliant.
Pixie

Cathy G. said...

You are the pro at hooking rabbits and squirrels...... but that kitty with the cute sweater...... swoooon.....
Cathy G